Dedicated Circuit

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 in Products

Dedicated GFCI outlet which prevents circuit overload.  If you don’t have the appropriate dedicated circuit, a pump may draw more current than the circuit can handle. This can cause the wiring to overheat and the insulation around the wire to breakdown or melt.  Once the insulating barrier around the wire has melted, the current is no longer confined, and can ignite flammable materials within the wall leading to an electrical fire. Fortunately, circuit breakers sense the flow of excess current and stop the surge of current before damage takes place.  If your circuit breaker trips this could result in a flooded basement.